Dubai, UAE; May 5, 2021: Rachael Sacerdoti, Founder of It’s SO Simple, has rounded up her recommended list of staple ingredients to have at home for anyone going through a weight-loss journey. Her favourite ingredients and snacks including bread, pasta, cheese and chocolate, are easily available in the UAE and fall within the recommended average calorie intake each day.
At It’s SO Simple, Rachael creates bespoke meal plans for her members including all food groups with a big emphasis on choosing healthier options to help to stop cravings, sugar spikes and lows, and keep your body more balanced. She recommends wholegrain carbohydrates instead of refined or white options; minimum 70g of protein a day for women with average weight (which is around e.g. one chicken breast / a 200ml yogurt); fruits with a lower glycemic index such as berries, green apples, kiwis and grapefruit as they don’t cause a spike in blood sugar; occasional sweet treats that are low in calorie within your daily calorie intake; and at least 2 litres of water a day (more on days you are exercising!).
Listed below are her top 10 favourites
- Organic Pastas that are not made from wheat – there are so many varieties available now such as Edamame, Black Bean, Chickpea and Red Lentil varieties. There are veg protein-based so will keep you fuller for longer. Edamame and Black Bean have the best protein to calorie count. Available in Abela and Spinneys.
- Bfree Products- Bfree have a whole range of wonderful breads, pita breads, wraps and muffins that all fall within a very decent calorie count. It enables you to eat delicious tasting carbs without breaking the calorie bank. Available at Spinneys and Waitrose.
- PB2- Nut butters are certainly delicious and full of good fats but also extremely high in calories. Try PB2 for a lower calorie and higher protein substitute. It comes in a powder form which when mixed with a few drops of water, makes a peanut butter paste. An almond variety is also available. Both available on Amazon.
- Eat Lean Protein Cheese- This cheese is a lower calorie version of cheddar yet is packed with protein. This is available in block, grated and spreadable form. Available from Spinneys.
- Amy’s Meals- Amy’s Soups and frozen meals are a staple in my home. They are delicious and low calorie plant based meals containing a reasonable amount of protein. The perfect go to when you want a lazy night in! Available at Organic Store, Nation Towers.
- PAM Olive Oil Spray – Using cooking spray as a replacement for oil and butter can help cut back the calories. Since butter and oil have 100 to 120 calories per tablespoon (respectively), switching to a spray can mean fewer calories (and grams of fat) in your cooking. Available at Lulus.
- Full Green Cauliflower Rice – This is an excellent low-carb and low-calorie alternative to rice. It has a mild flavor, as well as a texture and appearance similar to that of cooked rice, with only a fraction of the calories and carbs. Available at Waitrose (the galleria).
- Bare Naked noodles, rice and spaghetti- Made out of konjac, Bare Naked products are a healthy, low-calorie alternative to regular pasta, noodles or rice. Mix with your favourite sauce for a quick and low cal meal on the go. Available at Spinneys or The Mangrove.
- Halo Top Ice Cream- This is a delicious tasting lower calorie alternative to traditional ice cream. It’s made with natural and organic ingredients, marketed as a great-tasting source of protein, and contains just 280–370 calories per pint-size. Available at Spinneys and Waitrose.
- Fage 0% Greek Yogurt- Choosing a Greek yogurt variety is a better choice of yogurt to have vs normal yogurts. They have a much lower calorie count and a much higher protein count. The lower the percentage of fat, the higher the protein count. Available at Waitrose, Spinneys, Lulus and Souq Planet.
About It’s SO Simple
It’s SO Simple is a 12-week fitness programme for the mind and body featuring online exercises, nutritional meal plans, progress tracking, personal consultation, and a support group. Founded in 2020 by UK-based fitness coach Rachael Sacerdoti, the programme focuses on calorie control and protein intake utilising online tools and techniques that encourage motivation and accountability
8,265 total views, 3 views today